Thursday, January 6, 2011

WARNING...SCAM ALERT! PLEASE READ!!!

I just received a message from my mother and I am NOT happy about what she is going through. Apparently she signed up for a freebie that said she would get a free teeth whitening sample. There was a $4.95 shipping fee.

Here come the bad news... She is now being charged Almost $75!! Yes you saw that right. $75! She is trying to stop them but she cannot get anyone on the phone. She has tried cancelling this nonsense, but to no avail. This is pretty scary!

After doing some research, she found out that this is an on going scam online. This company has been doing this for quite some time and uses numerous names. They tell you it's free (other then shipping) but once they get your credit card information, the unauthorized charges begin. I want everyone to be warned that this is happening an I encourage you to PLEASE protect yourselves.

The Better Business Bureau has issued numerous statements, warning consumers about this horrific scam. I am providing a link to one of the many websites that has outed these thieves. PLEASE READ IT!

Now, I don't want this to deter you from signing up for freebies. I just want you to be careful. Also note that I personally sign up to/for EVERYTHING that I post. I make sure that everything I expose you to is 100% legitimate....which is why I don't post several "freebies" that you may see elsewhere.

Please, warn your friends about this scam!

0 People love our goodies:

Post a Comment